Independent Auction Group is a trusted auction house located in Australia, backed by experienced gold and jewelry buyers and sellers with over 30 years in the business across Entuarp, NYC, and London. Whether you’re a seasoned auction-goer or a first-time bidder, here are ten tips to help you make the most out of your experience with Independent Auction Group.
- Do your research. Take the time to thoroughly review the auction catalog and read item descriptions. If you have any questions, don’t hesitate to contact the auction house for more information. It’s important to know what you’re bidding on and to have a clear understanding of the item’s condition and authenticity.
- Set a budget. Before you bid, determine how much you’re willing to spend. Keep in mind that you’ll need to factor in any additional fees or shipping costs. Stick to your budget to avoid overspending.
- Register early. Registering early ensures that you’re able to bid on items when the auction begins. You’ll typically need to provide a valid ID and a credit card for verification purposes.
- Attend the preview. If there is a preview available, take advantage of it. It’s a great opportunity to view items in person and ask questions.
- Understand the bidding process. Familiarize yourself with the auction house’s bidding process, including bid increments, bid retractions, and the different types of bidding available (in-person, online, absentee).
- Be prepared to act fast. Auctions move quickly, so it’s important to stay focused and be ready to bid when the item you want comes up for auction.
- Know the fees. Be aware of the fees involved in the auction process, such as buyer’s premiums and shipping fees. This will help you avoid any surprises when it comes time to pay.
- Stay organized. Keep track of the items you’re interested in, the lot numbers, and their corresponding bids. This will help you stay on top of your bidding and avoid confusion.
- Stick to your guns. Don’t get caught up in the excitement of the moment and bid more than you’re comfortable with. Stick to your budget and your bidding strategy.
- Be patient. It’s not always possible to win every item you bid on. Don’t get discouraged if you’re outbid or if an item goes for more than you were willing to spend. There will always be other auctions and other opportunities.
With these tips in mind, you’ll be well-prepared to participate in an auction at Independent Auction Group. Good luck and happy bidding!
External Link Recommendations: